Jenkins 2.91: the security of Jenkins was disabled for clean install

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Nov 26, 2017, 3:31:25 AM11/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I installed Jenkins 2.91 cleanly on clean-installed Windows 10 Pro.
But the security of Jenkins was disabled.

I also tried it on Fedora 27 too.
But I couldn't reproduce it.

I had reported this for Jenkins 2.80 too.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-users/e2TFX4W5oI0/zZv9bgiyAgAJ

Regards.
Masaru

Baptiste Mathus

Nov 26, 2017, 7:40:56 AM11/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The issue had been confirmed and fixed in 2.81 for the 2.80.

For the 2.91, I just tried using the Docker image, and couldn't reproduce either as you say. So either you need to come up with a way to reproduce, or I guess we'll assume you maybe actually didn't have a clean env on  that Windows 10 pro install you're talking about.

Cheers

Masaru

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Nov 26, 2017, 8:32:17 AM11/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Baptiste Mathus
Hi,

I re-download jenkins-2.91.zip
And I reinstalled Jenkins, but it didn't happen.

This is what I had done when I could reproduce it.

1. recover Windows 10 Pro with the recovery disk.
2. download jenkins-2.91.zip
3. extract it.
4. double-click jenkins.msi
5. change the install folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins' to
C:\Jenkins
6. open browser automatically.
7. the warning that jenkins security is disabled is shows up.

Regards.
Masaru.

Baptiste Mathus wrote:
> The issue had been confirmed and fixed in 2.81 for the 2.80.
>
> For the 2.91, I just tried using the Docker image, and couldn't
> reproduce either as you say. So either you need to come up with a way to
> reproduce, or I guess we'll assume you maybe actually didn't have a
> clean env on  that Windows 10 pro install you're talking about.
>
> Cheers

> <mailto:m.tm...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hello
>
> I installed Jenkins 2.91 cleanly on clean-installed Windows 10 Pro.
> But the security of Jenkins was disabled.
>
> I also tried it on Fedora 27 too.
> But I couldn't reproduce it.
>
> I had reported this for Jenkins 2.80 too.
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-users/e2TFX4W5oI0/zZv9bgiyAgAJ
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-users/e2TFX4W5oI0/zZv9bgiyAgAJ>
>
> Regards.
> Masaru

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CANWgJS7fec7qZbmgfaZ8LW-BpXTxG%2BRV5E4M6c9OjU2iG9M5Rw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CANWgJS7fec7qZbmgfaZ8LW-BpXTxG%2BRV5E4M6c9OjU2iG9M5Rw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Masaru Tsuchiyama <m.tm...@gmail.com>

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 26, 2017, 11:42:52 AM11/26/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I have tried to install the specified version several times on my Windows 10 Pro amd64 version. I was unable to reproduce the issue after trying the installer with several different registry settings. I would assume that the instance actually had a non-clean JENKINS_HOME directory when you tried the installation.

If you manage to reproduce the issue again, please follow the security issue reporting guidelines: https://jenkins.io/security/#reporting-vulnerabilities

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Nov 27, 2017, 7:34:33 AM11/27/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Oleg Nenashev
Hi,

> If you manage to reproduce the issue again, please follow the security
> issue reporting guidelines:
> https://jenkins.io/security/#reporting-vulnerabilities

I understand that.

Regards.