New Jenkins job Is disabled by default

Suhaas Valanjoo

Apr 4, 2021, 8:55:31 AM4/4/21
to Jenkins Users
I created a feature branch on Bitbucket and pushed JenkinsFile amongst other files to the head. As defined by the administrators, I automatically get a Jenkins job for that branch. I do see a new job with feature branch name but there is a strikethrough line through the name of the job on the Jenkins dashboard. I am wondering what conditions cause it.

 I am sure it is disabled as the round icon on the left of the job is gray. I see the  jobs for other branches to be active

Thanks in advance!

drpa...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 7:43:36 PM4/5/21
to Jenkins Users
I had this using the Bitbucket Branch Source plugin... switching to the Bitbucket Server Integration plugin fixed it... you can simply replace the Branch source in your existing multi-branch pipeline job.
You do not lose your existing job history which is nice. This is with Jenkins 2.232, Bitbucket Branch Source 2.9.0, Bitbucket Server Integration 1.1.0.

Regards

Paul

Suhaas Valanjoo

Apr 5, 2021, 9:14:28 PM4/5/21
to Jenkins Users
I figured out what happened. Being a Java programmer too used to Camel case I named the file JenkinsFile. So as configured on commit to the branch head, it created a a job, but when Jenkins went loooking for aJenkinsfile, it couldn;t find one. So it disabled the job and eventually removed it.

I reverted the commit and renamed it as Jenkinsfile and it worked. :-)