issue using jenkins swarm client "Failed to fetch slave info from Jenkins CODE: 403 Retrying in 10 seconds"

Xinity

Feb 13, 2017, 4:50:46 AM2/13/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi there,
i'm trying to use jenkins swarm client to do automatic discover of agents in my internal network.

We have deployed latest version of jenkins with needed plugins and we are trying to configure jenkins so our swarm client can auth using login/password provided.
We've tried to use role based strategy plugin thinking it would ease our job, but we may have missing something as we have found the exact roles to give to the user used to auth.

Auth seems to be ok , but we still have these messages:
Failed to fetch slave info from Jenkins CODE: 403
Retrying in 10 seconds

anyone may give tips ? :)

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Abhi adr

Oct 30, 2017, 5:57:16 AM10/30/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Xinity,

did you able to solve this error , i am facing the same issue tried to replace the jar file but still getting this error .

please reply me if solve this issue or guide me how you solve it !

Thanks

--Abhi

Jorge Bau

Oct 4, 2018, 8:09:37 AM10/4/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi!

Ran into same problem, but looking into the jenkins system log I found this:

While serving https://my.server/jenkins/plugin/swarm/slaveInfo: hudson.security.AccessDeniedException2: my_user is missing the Agent/Create permission

Please consider reviewing the permissions granted to the user you use for connection :)

yen

Jan 3, 2019, 12:20:37 AM1/3/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi!
we got same problem,and i got the idea from your  jenkins system log,my colleague deleted jenkins admin user which use for swarm client authentication lead to this problem,so I think ,you can find if you make the same mistake or not.

在 2018年10月4日星期四 UTC+8下午8:09:37,Jorge Bau写道: