After Upgrading to Jenkins 2.0 and AWS EC2 plugin 1.35, Agents are not getting terminated after idle termination period of 30 minutes.

Vijayender Madura

Oct 10, 2016, 9:43:49 PM10/10/16
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I'm posting to see if there are others out there who may have faced the same issue:

I've set the idle termination time to 30 minutes and updated the log level to FINE for a new logger hudson.plugins.ec2 in Manage Jenkins --> System Log --> New logger.
I could not find any messages even after 30 minutes of Slave Inactivity:

However, execution never reaches this line of code and Agents never get terminated. Can someone please point me in the right direction to investigate this issue ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Vijay
Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 6.42.14 PM.png

Daniel Beck

Oct 11, 2016, 5:05:08 AM10/11/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you're using the EC2 plugin 1.36 and AWS SDK Plugin 1.11.x -- There was an issue that resulted in instances never shutting down.
> <Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 6.42.14 PM.png>

Vijayender Madura

Oct 12, 2016, 8:08:33 PM10/12/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@beckweb.net
Hi Daniel!

Thank you for your help ! That was it!  I Updated to
  • ec2-plugin 1.36
  • aws-java-sdk 1.11.37
and the problem was resolved!

-Vijay