GitLab Plugin Received Webhook Does not Scan

Sverre Moe

Mar 22, 2021, 2:17:12 PM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
GitLab Plugin API access no longer works:
It wirj
The Jenkins job is a Multibranch Pipeline.
The SCM is Git (not Git Project)

This has worked before.
Then we upgraded Jenkins LTS from 2.263 to 2.277
Along with many plugin updates.
Now it no longer works.
GitLab is able to send the notification, and Jenkins receive it, but does not run a scan.
I checked the Jenkins log, and it did receive the webhook, but nothing more was done

2021-03-22 18:11:52.669+0000 [id=67685] INFO    c.d.g.webhook.GitLabWebHook#getDynamic: WebHook called with url: /project/my-awesome-projct

Both these methods of adding Push notification have worked last week prior to the Jenkins upgrade.

GitLab > Group > Project > Settings > Integrations > Jenkins CI
Checked: Active
Trigger
Checked: Push
Project name: my-awesome-project

Test settings > Connection succesful

GitLab > Group > Project > Settings > Webhook
Secret Token: *Empty*
Checked: Push events
Checked: Enable SSL verification

Test > Push events > Hook executed successfully: HTTP 200

Jenkins 2.277.1
  Git plugin 4.7.0
  GitLab Plugin 1.5.19
  Gitlab API Plugin 1.0.6
  GitLab Branch Source Plugin 1.5.4

GitLab Enterprise Edition 13.9.3

Sverre Moe

Mar 22, 2021, 2:30:56 PM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
I even tried to uncheck the GitLab Configuration for authentication
`Enable authentication for '/project' end-point`

But alas, still not working.

Sverre Moe

Mar 22, 2021, 3:46:01 PM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
The old style we where using with Gitolite to notify Jenkins of git push seems to work still.

A workaround at least until I can find out why the GitLab Plugin does not work.