Jenkins pipeline Testing

Jheison Rodriguez

Mar 24, 2020, 1:32:34 PM3/24/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone, I'd like to know some thoughts about your experience with Jenkins pipelines testing (Jenkinsfile, Shared libraries, CPS, declarative pipeline). We want to start implementing it in our Company.

Whatever help will be appreciate

Jan Monterrubio

Mar 24, 2020, 7:54:02 PM3/24/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We unit test our pipelines with :

We have some integration tests for them that require the Jenkins Test Rule and a docker agent that we configure as an external resource (junit4)

Overall the pipeline unit is super nice! We also use the Jenkins plugin for plugins to consume the plugins on our Jenkins instance as dependencies for our gradle build.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:32 Jheison Rodriguez <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone, I'd like to know some thoughts about your experience with Jenkins pipelines testing (Jenkinsfile, Shared libraries, CPS, declarative pipeline). We want to start implementing it in our Company.

Whatever help will be appreciate

Jheison Rodriguez

Mar 24, 2020, 8:16:11 PM3/24/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your response,

Do you have any repo where I can find more examples?. Do you know if it’s possible to test declarative pipelines

Best regards

Jheison Rodriguez

Jan Monterrubio

Mar 24, 2020, 10:29:16 PM3/24/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Ah, unfortunately those repos are company property :(

We unit test the declarative pipelines and the 1.3 release of pipeline unit made it possible to test those without having to copy paste a bunch of their code!