Pipeline Build Step lightweight checkout?

Steven Foster

Mar 9, 2018, 12:27:37 PM3/9/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi there,

I'm using a pattern of split pipelines due to the number of parallel tasks needed and the grouping between them. I have an aggregating "parent" pipeline that kicks off indexing for all of the sub-builds (which are multibranch pipelines) then kicks off the sub-builds themselves.

The aggregate build uses
agent none
for the entire build.

If I manually trigger one of the sub-builds, it correctly retrieves just the Jenkinsfile and runs the build. The aggregate build (using the build and wait pipeline step) seems like it checks out the repo (once per sub build) onto the master somewhere in order to check the jenkinsfile.

Is it possible to use the same lightweight Jenkinsfile retrieval in a downstream build trigger in pipeline?

Steven Foster

Mar 12, 2018, 1:05:33 PM3/12/18
to Jenkins Users
Nevermind me, I'm a liar. When I added the aggregate build I also switched from a branch build to a PR-Merge build, which necessitates a full checkout to properly resolve the Jenkinsfile I suppose