Using AWS SES for email notifications. Test emails work but results of build

Marcus Little

Sep 11, 2019, 11:21:20 AM9/11/19
to Jenkins Users
Im wondering if its the port but Ive checked SES and 465 is an excepted port. When running a build and getting failure I am hoping to get results via email but oddly getting smpt authentication errors after confirming test email sent/recieved. My googles had me reboot the server itself. No fix. Im thinking its something I need to configure on the server itself or possibly something missed from the Jenkins GUI. Ive also added the same info for the extended option as well. Below is the error in the console log:

ERROR: 530 Authentication required

com
.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 Authentication required

        at com
.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:2057)
        at com
.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1580)
        at com
.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1097)
        at javax
.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:195)
        at javax
.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124)
        at hudson
.tasks.MailSender.run(MailSender.java:130)
        at hudson
.tasks.MailSender.execute(MailSender.java:105)
        at hudson
.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.cleanUp(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1095)
        at hudson
.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1862)
        at hudson
.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:543)
        at hudson
.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
        at hudson
.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)
Finished: FAILURE

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.49.13 AM_censored.jpg