Cannot connect to the Jenkins slave machine when running Jenkins as a java prgoram

Jenkins Johnny

Oct 11, 2016, 5:37:16 AM10/11/16
to Jenkins Users

When I set up my Jenkins master as a windows service and attempt to connect to a slave machine using "Launch Jenkins via Java webstart", I can connect the slave server to the master fine with no issues.

enter image description here

However, I'm now required to launch the jenkins Master using "java -jar jenkins.war" so I can see the GUI interface being tested in realtime, but I cannot seem to create a connection to the slave machine this way (when I try to access the url on the slave machine, it says it cannot be displayed).

enter image description here

Is it possible to connect with jenkins while it is being run as a java program? Or is there an alternative method I can use?