Docker Slaves Plugin Exception in Pipeline

Qiang Ma

Oct 11, 2016, 9:38:12 AM10/11/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi, all,

Have you successfully run the sample of Docker Slaves Plugin?

I am using Docker Slaves Plugin v 1.0.4, on Jenkins 2.6.
Copied the sample (Pipeline job support) from https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker-slaves-plugin

The images were downloaded, git checkout happened,  but the pipeline finished with error below:

[Pipeline] }
[Pipeline] // dockerNode
[Pipeline] End of Pipeline
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.drivers.CliDockerDriver.applyHints(CliDockerDriver.java:236)
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.drivers.CliDockerDriver.launchSideContainer(CliDockerDriver.java:366)
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.DefaultDockerProvisioner.createSideContainers(DefaultDockerProvisioner.java:122)
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.DefaultDockerProvisioner.launchBuildContainers(DefaultDockerProvisioner.java:99)
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.DefaultDockerProvisioner.launchBuildProcess(DefaultDockerProvisioner.java:139)
	at it.dockins.dockerslaves.DockerLauncher.launch(DockerLauncher.java:56)
	at hudson.Launcher$ProcStarter.start(Launcher.java:381)

Any comment/help is appreciated.

Regards,
Qiang

nicolas de loof

Oct 11, 2016, 11:11:31 AM10/11/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi.

Identified the root cause, a fix will be released asap.

Qiang

Oct 11, 2016, 2:07:00 PM10/11/16
to Jenkins Users
Thank you!

I noticed a "git" command alone is ok, but adding a "sh" command generate the following error.

Looking forward to the fix!

Qiang

Qiang

Oct 13, 2016, 10:10:12 AM10/13/16
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for fixing it... the 1.0.5 version worked perfectly with sample code. Can't wait to put into real use :)

Qiang