running jar on remote windows slave

danish siddiqui

Nov 21, 2017, 9:01:42 AM11/21/17
to Jenkins Users

Hi,

I have jenkins setup on linux and am trying to run a jar file on a remote windows machine. I have no problem launching the jar file through jenkins, but the problem is the jar file does not exit out of a command prompt so this translates into the console output in jenkins (the job never finishes).

Can someone please advise how to do I launch the jar and exit out cleanly)

Apologies I am new to jenkins so do not know much. I have tried to search all over the internet and though I did find out by using javaw (but that returns successfully if I am manually run the command on the windows box)

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks