cannot create user in jenkins

dl...@foghorntx.com

Nov 6, 2018, 2:20:16 PM11/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello

When I try to create a user in Jenkins nothing happens.  The page refreshes, but the user is not added and nothing else happens.  What I did:
Jenkins --> manage --> manage users --> create user

Fill in information, click "create user" button.  Page appears to refresh but forms stays, as filled in.  Checking elsewhere, there is no user added to the system.  Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 2.16.24 PM.png

Any ideas?  I don't see anything in the log file, I tried restarting Jenkins.

Thanks,

Dave

Daniel Beck

Nov 6, 2018, 4:22:05 PM11/6/18
to Jenkins Users

> On 6. Nov 2018, at 20:17, dl...@foghorntx.com wrote:
>
> Fill in information, click "create user" button. Page appears to refresh but forms stays, as filled in. Checking elsewhere, there is no user added to the system. Screenshot:

This is probably a known bug (JENKINS-52869). The form validation fails, but the UI cannot display the error. Check your browser's developer console for the form validation response content, and act accordingly.

dl...@foghorntx.com

Nov 8, 2018, 7:30:42 AM11/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Thank you - I opened up the developer console when I tried this, but could not figure out what part of the network was relevant.  I tried googling but I'm not familiar with this so I probably didn't use the right terms.  Can you give me more specific advice on how to investigate this?

Maybe more importantly, I opened the developer console before going to the user creation page, and then the problem went away.  No update applied in the interim ...