Jenkins Cli Import / Export is not working for Folder

lavanya anbu

Nov 18, 2019, 6:08:50 AM11/18/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi All, I am new to jenkins and using Jenkins ver. 2.190.2 which is installed in Azure Kubernetes version 1.14.6 . I am trying to export the jenkins jobs using the command line using a simple script by passing the job name.

Export_jobs()
{
mkdir JOB
while read -r i
do
java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s $URL -auth $username:$password get-job "$i" </dev/null > JOB/$i.xml
done < list_jobs.txt

}

Jenkins has a folder within that there are multiple jobs, the above export command only exports the folder but not the jobs. Is there any other command i should use?