Jenkinsfile and its complete properties list

JV

Nov 11, 2017, 8:05:21 AM11/11/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and hope I won't break any rule on my first day :)

I'm trying to use Jenkinsfile as a complete source to replace all Jenkins job configuration. I still can't find though how to set the following property : The token for remotly triggering the job.

Do you have any information on how to set it ?

PS : I'm using Jenkins 2.73.2

jer...@bodycad.com

Nov 13, 2017, 9:30:35 AM11/13/17
to Jenkins Users
Not sure I got this right but if you are looking how the system check for modification and trigger new execution, Jenkinsfile need a successful manual build first. This will record the repos checkout and according to the jobs settings and the checkout options, can start polling/trigger new execution.

NOTE: Warning/Error build don't record the repos to be poll, you need a successful build for this to happen for the first time at least.

If you are looking how to trigger a build from a remote command: https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Remote+access+API

itchymuzzle

Nov 13, 2017, 9:43:22 AM11/13/17
to Jenkins Users
If you use Github or Bitbucket there are plugins for each of those.

JV

Nov 13, 2017, 12:35:27 PM11/13/17
to Jenkins Users
Let me rephrase the issue :
a/ here is my configuration
      - Jenkins #1 has been installed on network #1
      - Jenkins #2 has been installed on network #2
      - the only allowed port between network #1 and network #2 is HTTP/80 (from #1 to #2 only)
      -I'm using Jenkins #1 to trigger jobs on Jenkins #2

b/ I've been using remote access API fr a while on Jenkins 1.x and its working just fine :)

c/ I wanted to use the same feature on Jenkins 2.0, only with a 100% Jenkinsfile configuration.
I can start remote jobs using curl/wget, but I cannot set the token through a Jenkinsfile property :(

Is it just possible ? Do I have to manually update all jobs ?