Jenkins Multibranch Project Ignoring Branch That Was Deactivated Then Removed But Now We Need It Back

tr...@evosus.com

Dec 2, 2017, 3:37:21 AM12/2/17
to Jenkins Users
We have a Jenkins multibranch project that tracks a bunch of private repositories. One of the branches (development) was somehow disabled in Jenkins. There was a warning in the UI and the name of the branch had a line through it. We could not re-enable the branch so we removed the branch and then did a repository scan hoping it would pick it back up. I can see in the scan log that Jenkins finds the branch during the repo scan:

Checking branch development

but it takes no action on it. There's no

‘Jenkinsfile’ not found Does not meet criteria

associated with it or any other feedback. It just says 'checking' and moves on. A Jenkinsfile exists in the branch. Just to be sure I copied one from a known good branch but no change. How can I get Jenkins to start building the branch again?

Thanks!

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Stephen Connolly

Dec 2, 2017, 5:17:50 AM12/2/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On Sat 2 Dec 2017 at 08:37, <tr...@evosus.com> wrote:
We have a Jenkins multibranch project that tracks a bunch of private repositories. One of the branches (development) was somehow disabled in Jenkins. There was a warning in the UI and the name of the branch had a line through it. We could not re-enable the branch so we removed the branch and then did a repository scan hoping it would pick it back up. I can see in the scan log that Jenkins finds the branch during the repo scan:

Checking branch development

but it takes no action on it. There's no

‘Jenkinsfile’ not found Does not meet criteria

associated with it or any other feedback. It just says 'checking' and moves on. A Jenkinsfile exists in the branch. Just to be sure I copied one from a known good branch but no change. How can I get Jenkins to start building the branch again?

Do you have a filter in place? An include/exclude or regex filter should log an ignoring message, but there may be a code path where it is not logged

Does the branch name have any funky characters in it? There are some cases where a / can result in a query url against GitHub that will result in a 404 which might then result in this effect. We have reported that issue to the upstream GitHub api - it may be fixed now or not yet, I haven’t checked since it was reported

Thanks!

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Sent from my phone