winstone ssl question httpsCertificate not using keystore

Bernd Wahlen

Oct 9, 2019, 10:02:01 AM10/9/19
to Jenkins Users
i have difficulties setting up jenkins with the params --httpsPrivateKey and --httpsCertificate. (with keystore everything worked). The question is, where and how to put the certificate chain. I tried to find out here https://github.com/jenkinsci/winstone but documentation lacks in how to put the root/intermediate certificates. I tried to add them to the httpsCertificate file after the certificate but it doen't work. The certificate itself is working, accessing jenkins via browser is fine, because chrome automatically download linked certificates. But build download with commandline tools like aria2c fails and openssl says: Verify return code: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate).