How to make a plain pipeline (not multibranch) create a separate workspace for each instance?

8 afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

David Karr

necitită,
16 aug. 2018, 15:59:2116.08.2018
– Jenkins Users
I've seen situations where Jenkins will create a separate workspace directory for each instance of a job.  I've seen other situations where it does not.  I think the difference is multibranch pipeline vs. plain pipeline.  Is that what's going on here?

I really need to figure out how to get a plain pipeline to create separate workspace directories for each instance.  Is that possible to do?  I know I could disable concurrent builds, but I don't want to do that in this situation.  It may cause too much of a backup.

David Karr

necitită,
16 aug. 2018, 16:56:1516.08.2018
– Jenkins Users

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 12:59:21 PM UTC-7, David Karr wrote:
I've seen situations where Jenkins will create a separate workspace directory for each instance of a job.  I've seen other situations where it does not.  I think the difference is multibranch pipeline vs. plain pipeline.  Is that what's going on here?

I really need to figure out how to get a plain pipeline to create separate workspace directories for each instance.  Is that possible to do?  I know I could disable concurrent builds, but I don't want to do that in this situation.  It may cause too much of a backup.

I am seeing situations where it is creating a separate workspace, but not all the time.  Sometimes it almost seems like it only does it when I don't need it, when I have "disable concurrent builds" turned ON.
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi