Failing to update jenkins.war

Niksan

Apr 7, 2015, 9:45:37 AM4/7/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently on 1.598 and trying to auto update to 1.608 but it stays on pending for jenkins.war for a while with the following output.

hudson.util.IOException2: Failed to download from http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/war/1.608/jenkins.war (redirected to: http://archives.jenkins-ci.org/war/1.608/jenkins.war)
    at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:791)
    at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1138)
    at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1116)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    at hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:104)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is anyone else seeing this? Also, it's annoying as to try again you have to restart Jenkins because you just get the message after the failure in Manage Jenkins.

Upgrade to Jenkins 1.608 is in progress or failed.

Richard Bywater

Apr 7, 2015, 3:08:39 PM4/7/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I think I saw mention in another thread that there is an issue with 1.608 not being available for download properly yet so, if true, that might be the cause of the issue.

Richard

Christopher Orr

Apr 7, 2015, 7:56:16 PM4/7/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This has been fixed:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-270

On 07/04/15 21:08, Richard Bywater wrote:
> I think I saw mention in another thread that there is an issue with
> 1.608 not being available for download properly yet so, if true, that
> might be the cause of the issue.
>
> Richard
>

> On 1:45AM, Wed, 8/04/2015 Niksan <sumo...@googlemail.com
> <mailto:sumo...@googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
> I'm currently on 1.598 and trying to auto update to 1.608 but it
> stays on pending for jenkins.war for a while with the following output.
>
> hudson.util.IOException2: Failed to download from
> http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/war/1.608/jenkins.war
> (redirected to: http://archives.jenkins-ci.org/war/1.608/jenkins.war)
> at
> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:791)
> at
> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1138)
> at
> hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1116)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
> at
> hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:104)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? Also, it's annoying as to try again you
> have to restart Jenkins because you just get the message after the
> failure in Manage Jenkins.
>
> Upgrade to Jenkins 1.608 is in progress or failed
> <http://17nimbus04:8080/updateCenter/>.

Niksan

Apr 8, 2015, 4:36:04 AM4/8/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed now working, thank you.

Anil Mishra

May 14, 2018, 12:41:03 PM5/14/18
to Jenkins Users
I am also facing same issue when trying to update the Jenkins to latest version 2.121 from 2.118
Please suggest:
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.io.input.ProxyInputStream.read(ProxyInputStream.java:77)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:1141)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Failed to load http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/war/2.121/jenkins.war to C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jenkins.war.tmp
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:1146)
Caused: hudson.util.IOException2: Failed to download from http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/war/2.121/jenkins.war (redirected to: http://ftp-chi.osuosl.org/pub/jenkins/war/2.121/jenkins.war)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:1172)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1677)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1651)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)