LTS support timelines

l...@cloudera.com

Oct 4, 2017, 1:28:43 PM10/4/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

I'm one of the people maintaining the public Jenkins installation of the Apache Impala (Incubating) project, and since it is facing the public internet we're particularly interested in keeping our installation secure. We are currently running LTS 2.46.3 and I'm trying to figure out whether such old LTS releases are still supported, and for how long.

I looked at the page describing the LTS Release Line and from there it is not clear to me whether only the latest release line (currently 2.73.X) will receive security fixes, or whether older lines receive those, too. If they do, what is the latest LTS line that will receive security update and/or that is considered when looking at the impact of newly found security issues?

Thanks for the help. Lars

R. Tyler Croy

Oct 4, 2017, 2:31:40 PM10/4/17
to lv via Jenkins Users
(replies inline)
Older LTS releases are in no way supported by the Jenkins project and do not
receive backports of any kind.

I strongly recommend to always follow the latest LTS versions. ci.jenkins.io
(which I maintain) runs 2.73.1 for example, and when we roll new releases, I
make sure to upgrade :)

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

l...@cloudera.com

Oct 4, 2017, 4:58:39 PM10/4/17
to Jenkins Users