Jenkins: user is missing the Overall/Read permission - Issue

Poovaraj Thangamariappan

Mar 3, 2018, 9:07:07 AM3/3/18
to Jenkins User Group
Hello,

I have created  manual user in Manger User and I have configured in  Matrix-based security. It is showing Manual user is missing the Overall/Read permission'while login into jenkins.

Pleaes find thebelow screenshot and config.xml file. Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,
Poovaraj

config.xml

Daniel Beck

Mar 3, 2018, 10:54:43 AM3/3/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 3. Mar 2018, at 15:06, Poovaraj Thangamariappan <poovar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have created manual user in Manger User and I have configured in Matrix-based security. It is showing Manual user is missing the Overall/Read permission'while login into jenkins.
>
> Pleaes find thebelow screenshot and config.xml file. Please help me to fix this issue.

As your screen shots show, the user is clearly lacking the Overall/Read permission (second column).

Ramanathan Muthaiah

Mar 4, 2018, 1:27:25 AM3/4/18
to Jenkins Users
I have created  manual user in Manger User and I have configured in  Matrix-based security. It is showing Manual user is missing the Overall/Read permission'while login into jenkins.

Pleaes find thebelow screenshot and config.xml file. Please help me to fix this issue.

Take some time to look at the notes that shows up when you click on the question mark inside the blue colored circle (next to each and every option available in only UI). Side note, the matrix level can be set global security and at job or folder level too (if the project matrix plugin is installed for the latter).

/Ram

David Brown

Nov 6, 2018, 12:14:28 PM11/6/18
to Jenkins Users
I get this issue too. Users who have previously managed to log in (including myself) find themselves effectively locked out and I have to create a new login to work round the issue.

I just tried to follow Ram's suggestion but that did not help.

David Brown

Nov 21, 2018, 7:11:18 AM11/21/18
to Jenkins Users
Just to clarify, I have checked that the Overall/Read Permission is set. We are using Matrix-based security with Jenkins version 2.138.2. Please see attached screenshots.

On Saturday, 3 March 2018 14:07:07 UTC, Poovaraj Thangamariappan wrote:
20181121002.PNG
20181121001.PNG

joe khese

Aug 21, 2019, 9:15:45 PM8/21/19
to Jenkins Users
Hello

did you get the solution to this error? I'm currently battling with the same error

Mark Waite

Aug 21, 2019, 9:21:09 PM8/21/19
to Jenkins Users
Doesn't it resolve the issue if you check the "Read" box in the "Overall" column for the user "manual"?

Mark Waite

Thanks!
Mark Waite