Certificate problems when trying to deploy jenkins slave on Windows machine

buddy123

Nov 17, 2016, 3:51:18 AM11/17/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi everyone,
Im trying to add a Windows slave for to Jenkins
I created a new Java webstart node, copied the command to my WIndows and executed it
I get errors that are related to certificates:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to validate a server certificate. If you are using a self-signed certificate, you can use the -noCertificateCheck option to bypass this check.
        at hudson.remoting.Launcher.parseJnlpArguments(Launcher.java:327)
        at hudson.remoting.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:219)
        at hudson.remoting.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:192)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at hudson.remoting.Launcher.parseJnlpArguments(Launcher.java:269)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
        ... 20 more

Is it using other, internal self-signed certificates than the one configured on my Jenkins machine?
Because my Jenkins master is using a proper signed certificate that is recognized as valid in my browser.
The only way to get pass this is to specify the -noCertificateCheck flag, but I want to have a secured connection between my nodes.
Why isnt the java application checking for certificates to see its valid?

Mark Shapiro

Feb 9, 2018, 4:25:42 PM2/9/18
to Jenkins Users
Were you able to find a resolution for this?  I just started having this problem recently.

red 888

Mar 28, 2018, 5:43:38 PM3/28/18
to Jenkins Users