GitHub Branch Source: Configuring branch include/exclude from Jenkinsfile

Leandro Lucarella

Jul 11, 2017, 6:25:46 AM7/11/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm using the GitHub Branch Source plugin to setup an organization
folder. The organization is big and have different kind of projects
with different needs.

Because of this, I need to override global organization configuration
(like include/exclude branches) in a per-project basis, so I was
wondering if there is any way to control this via the Jenkinsfile.

If you know any other methods to deal with this, I'm more than
interested to hear about them.

Thanks!

--
Leandro Lucarella
Technical Development Lead

Stephen Connolly

Jul 11, 2017, 10:46:16 AM7/11/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Currently I recommend either using multiple org folders or just using multibranch projects directly.

There is some embryonic discussion about how to pull configuration as code up from just the "branch" level to the "repository" and even the "group of repositories" levels... but nothing I would hold my breath waiting on

Stephen Connolly

Jul 11, 2017, 10:48:21 AM7/11/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Oh but, with the JENKINS-43507 refactoring that is landing on Monday (current ETA, my plan of tomorrow was rejected as not giving admins enough time to upgrade easily for the security fixes only) you would be able to write a custom behaviour in an extension plugin and that custom behaviour would be able to tweak the include / exclude rules as you see fit

leandro....@sociomantic.com

leandro....@sociomantic.com