JNLP slave with fixed TCP port.

Karl Tyss

Aug 18, 2017, 9:33:45 AM8/18/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

I am trying to configure a Windows slave that is behind a Firewall. To do this I set the TCP port for JNLP agents to a fixed value. I chose an unused port 2259 but I cannot establish a connection. If I start my slave from the command line on the Windows machine I see that the Port 2259 is being discovered but on the server side I see an incoming JNLP connection with a random port.

Did I forget something? Anyone else having the same problem?

Best regards,

Karl

This email including its attachments is intended for the person or entity only to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, forwarding, dissemination, other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer system.

Eppendorf AG, Hamburg, Barkhausenweg 1, 22339 Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 76249
Vors. des Aufsichtsrats: Philipp von Loeper
Vorstand: Thomas Bachmann (Vorsitzender), Detmar Ammermann (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Wilhelm Plüster

Eppendorf Instrumente GmbH, Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 69077
Geschäftsführer: Rainer Treptow, Dr. Alexander Papra

Eppendorf Liquid Handling GmbH, Hamburg, Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 92250
Geschäftsführer: Boris von Beichmann

According to the general high quality approach of Eppendorf, we apply to our mail traffic the latest protection technologies and methods, including extensive scanning and DMARC, to help our communication partners in protecting their IT environment.

jer...@bodycad.com

Aug 18, 2017, 1:03:25 PM8/18/17
to Jenkins Users, Tys...@eppendorf.de
Here's some info and the port list required:

JNLP port 49187 worked ("Configure Global Security" -> "TCP port for JNLP slave agents").
TCP
49187 - Fixed jnlp port
8080 - jenkins http port

Other ports needed to launch slave as a windows service

TCP
135
139
445

UDP
137
138

Swati Mishra

Mar 18, 2020, 11:09:33 AM3/18/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi Karl, did you find any solution to this issue?