Jenkins Pipeline Issue

vishad alekh

Aug 22, 2016, 5:40:32 PM8/22/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

I am using jenkins version 2.11 . I want to use jenkins pipeline plugin feature. We have branches in GIT which are release specific. I want that if a new branch is created in GIT, then automatically a job should be created in jenkins which atleast can do a code checkout .
Please guide me for the same.

Thanks and Regards
Vishad

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 22, 2016, 7:46:55 PM8/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

You want to have a look at the Pipeline Multibranch Plugin.

Define a Jenkinsfile in the repo with your build logic. Then each time you create a new branch it will be indexed and built if such a Jenkinsfile can be found.

Cheers

vishad alekh

Aug 23, 2016, 2:52:13 PM8/23/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@batmat.net
Thanks for the reply Mathus.

I have uploaded the JenkinsFile in the repo (GIT) . After running the job i am still not getting the desired result . No job is getting created for new branch .

The job is just prunning stale remotes and getting remote branches . After that its showing success.

Can someone please assist with this.

Thanks and Regards
Vishad Alekh

Le 22 août 2016 11:40 PM, "vishad alekh" <visha...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi All,

I am using jenkins version 2.11 . I want to use jenkins pipeline plugin feature. We have branches in GIT which are release specific. I want that if a new branch is created in GIT, then automatically a job should be created in jenkins which atleast can do a code checkout .
Please guide me for the same.

Thanks and Regards
Vishad

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 30, 2016, 4:55:07 PM8/30/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

What do indexing logs say?

Did you actually write Jenkinsfile or JenkinsFile as in your mail. If the latter, then it's normal, it should be Jenkinsfile.

Cheers

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/6b2498af-c2fa-4f6c-958d-adc15b217de6%40googlegroups.com.

vishad alekh

Sep 17, 2016, 5:36:35 AM9/17/16
to Baptiste Mathus
Hi,

The file name is correct. But still Jenkins is not able to create a new job on seeing Jenkinsfile.
Rather,when I deleted the multipipeline job and created it again then I was able to get a job with the same name as the branch and things were working fine as per Jenkinsfile.

But I want the case to be in such a way that whenever a code is checked in with Jenkinsfile it should create a job or update the same if already existing ‎.

Kindly help.

Thanks and Regards
Vishad Alekh

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.