hypothesis: Test Results Aggregator - need help

webde...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 3:33:01 PM3/16/21
to Jenkins Users
I may have stumbled across the solution to a different conversation that I posted. I noticed that the number of recipients I include in the Recipients list of the Aggregator may be causing me trouble. Would someone be willing to test this hypothesis on their side, too?

I have included 1 email recipient, 11 email recipients, and 12 email recipients in my Test Results Aggregator. With 1 recipient, the job reports as successful and sends out an email; with 11 recipients, the job reports as successful and sends out an email; with 12 recipients, the job reports successful and does not send out an email.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation?

Björn Pedersen

Mar 17, 2021, 3:08:32 AM3/17/21
to Jenkins Users
The code[1] definitly does not impose a limit. Does your  mailserver impose a limit on the number of recipients in a single mail? Is a mailing list involved, e.g mailmain often imposes a limit on the number of recipients...?
Crank up logging and check the logs for reported errors.

webde...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2021, 12:52:11 PM3/19/21
to Jenkins Users
thank you for this feedback. it will help me resolve this issue!

webde...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2021, 12:52:40 PM3/19/21
to Jenkins Users
currently, there are no errors in the console output from the job. the job marks itself as a success