agent.jar not allowed due to security reasons

Richard Quintin

Feb 14, 2018, 1:42:02 PM2/14/18
to Jenkins Users
I'm sure the solution to my problem is simple, but after much googling around, I can't find it. So I'm home someone here can help?

When I browse to https://[my-jenkins-server]/jnlpJars/agent.jar I get an error message that states:

java.net.MalformedURLException: The specified file path agent.jar is not allowed due to security reasons
	at hudson.model.Slave$JnlpJar.getURL(Slave.java:389)
	at hudson.model.Slave$JnlpJar.connect(Slave.java:380)

All of the documentation seems to indicate that it should just work. I suspect I've configured it to not work somehow, but I sure can't find where.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Devin Nusbaum

Feb 14, 2018, 1:54:31 PM2/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you are running Jenkins 2.77 or older, then you need to use “slave.jar" instead of “agent.jar". If you are running 2.78 or newer then I’m not sure what the problem could be.

Richard Quintin

Feb 14, 2018, 2:32:58 PM2/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
That helped. Thanks!

Richard Quintin • Director, Database & Application Administration • Enterprise Systems • Virginia Tech Information Technology • 1700 Pratt Drive, Blacksburg, VA  24060 • Work 540-231-7856 • rqui...@vt.edu