How to set "configure release build" in Jenkins organization?

moonli...@126.com

Dec 6, 2017, 8:10:02 AM12/6/17
to Jenkins Users
I am using Jenkins organization for my pipeline jobs. and I want to add release plug into one of the jobs. as you know we can't change the configuration in organization job. the only way can do this is using groovy method. but I can't find any useful method for this.

any suggestion will be appreciate.

Ramanathan Muthaiah

Dec 6, 2017, 10:04:13 PM12/6/17
to Jenkins Users
I am using Jenkins organization for my pipeline jobs. and I want to add release plug into one of the jobs. as you know we can't change the configuration in organization job. the only way can do this is using groovy method. but I can't find any useful method for this.

any suggestion will be appreciate.

You could probably pick up hints from here. Please use them with caution and due diligence.

/Ram

moonli...@126.com

Dec 7, 2017, 2:46:38 AM12/7/17
to Jenkins Users
do you mean to update the jenkins, and to add the release plugin configuration part to organization?

moonli...@126.com

Dec 7, 2017, 2:46:38 AM12/7/17
to Jenkins Users
and is there any other safe way to do this?

Victor Martinez

Dec 7, 2017, 3:08:54 AM12/7/17
to Jenkins Users
Although I don't use that particular plugin though, but let me suggest you  the below details, IIUC, release plugin version 2.7 is already pipeline supported (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-40765), and https://github.com/jenkinsci/release-plugin/pull/22/files#diff-aae73a6d0c98dc3b43a66016a4110c2dR37 is just an example of the release step.