Jenkins: remote windows build slave

Jeeva Chelladhurai

Nov 8, 2017, 1:08:28 AM11/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I want to configure windows build slave which is accessed over a public internet.

Is JNLP though port 50,000 safe in a public domain?

What is your recommendation?

Thanks,
Jeeva

--
Jeeva K S Chelladhurai

Björn Rohlén

Nov 8, 2017, 1:30:52 AM11/8/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello.

No.

Regards,
-Björn

Stephen Connolly

Nov 8, 2017, 2:15:06 AM11/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If Jenkins is served over https and you only have jnlp4 protocol enabled, and you
lock down security on the master, it should be.

If somebody gets their hands on an agent secret, they can take over your master...

My masters have that port on vpn network only.

Sent from my phone

Jeeva Chelladhurai

Nov 8, 2017, 2:35:18 AM11/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have ssh port open, Is it possible to setup SSH slave on Windows?

- Jeeva

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Stephen Connolly <stephen.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
If Jenkins is served over https and you only have jnlp4 protocol enabled, and you
lock down security on the master, it should be.

If somebody gets their hands on an agent secret, they can take over your master...

My masters have that port on vpn network only.
On Wed 8 Nov 2017 at 06:31, Björn Rohlén <bjorn....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.

No.

Regards,
-Björn

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 07:08:28 UTC+1, Jeeva Chelladhurai wrote:
Hello all!

I want to configure windows build slave which is accessed over a public internet.

Is JNLP though port 50,000 safe in a public domain?

What is your recommendation?

Thanks,
Jeeva

--
Jeeva K S Chelladhurai

Jeeva K S Chelladhurai

Stephen Connolly

Nov 8, 2017, 3:07:20 AM11/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you use Cygwin as the ssh Server, yes.

If you use Microsoft’s port of OpenSSH, you would need to be a level 10 mage... i’ve heard rumours that it can be made to work using power shell as the launch shell, but not command.com

But i’d recommend setting up a vpn, it’s easy with OpenVPN or similar and much better for security.

Jeeva Chelladhurai