Builds run on slave survive after master-slave connection get disconnected ?

Long Tran

Apr 4, 2018, 3:59:33 AM4/4/18
to Jenkins Users
I'm using Jenkins 2.89.2 and have few slaves, when I run job on a slave, if the master-slave connection get disconnected (network fails or something), job build will be fail, how can it survive from that ?

Slave is launch by method launch via Java Web Start and get installed as Windows service.

Many thanks.

Daniel Beck

Apr 4, 2018, 5:00:38 AM4/4/18
to Jenkins Users

> On 4. Apr 2018, at 09:59, Long Tran <long...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> when I run job on a slave, if the master-slave connection get disconnected (network fails or something), job build will be fail, how can it survive from that ?

Use Pipeline instead of Freestyle jobs. 'sh' and 'bat' tasks are _durable_, i.e. survive network failures.