Spawn CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core) VM instance in GCP or AWS and deploy python code using Jenkins CI/CD application

Kaushal Shriyan

May 6, 2020, 8:50:30 PM5/6/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Is there a way to spawn VM instance in AWS or GCP for example running CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core) using Jenkins CI/CD and deploy the python code where GitLab Source code management is integrated with Jenkins to the newly spawned instance? Please correct me if this question is not relevant. I have read about Jenkins pipeline and I am not sure if it can be used for the above task. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Kaushal Shriyan

May 9, 2020, 8:36:29 PM5/9/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Checking in again if someone can pitch in my earlier post to this forum? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Mark Waite

May 9, 2020, 9:13:31 PM5/9/20
to Jenkins Users
Your question is so broad that it hints you've done no research of your own to answer your own question.  This is a forum of users.  Your question is competing for time with all the other things that users on this forum want to do.  When you ask an overly broad question, most readers of this forum will silently ignore it.  Their past experience has frequently taught them that those who ask overly broad questions will then continue to ask overly broad questions without doing their own research.

Eric Raymond wrote an excellent post "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way".  Read it.  Perform experiments of your own.  Use the online documentation.  Use available videos.  Use one of the many free training courses that are available to meet your need.  When you encounter a problem with a specific condition that you can't solve from other resources, ask in one of the chat locations or in the mailing list.

The answer to your specific question is, "Yes, there is a way to spawn a VM instance in AWS or GCP using Jenkins".  See https://cloud.google.com/jenkins for great material on using Jenkins on Google Cloud Platform.  See https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/hands-on/setup-jenkins-build-server/ for great material on using Jenkins on AWS.

Mark Waite

Best Regards,

Kaushal