Blue Ocean deployment to DTAP

wim.lust...@finalist.nl

Jan 29, 2018, 7:23:45 AM1/29/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,

I'm new to Jenkins and I'm currently setting up Jenkins with Blue Ocean. I'm having some trouble setting up Pipelines through Blue Ocean.
The gist of the question is: how do I set up multiple pipelines that deploy to various environments on a single project?

The reason for my question:
I've set up Blue Ocean and noticed it creates Jenkins Files in my repo (git). And our workflow dictates that the master branch goes to the test, acceptance and production environment (when applicable, not simultaneously of course).
Now the Jenkins file is created on branch level by Blue Ocean, meaning I get overwrites any time I merge my code. This prohibits me from defining pipelines to test, acceptance and production simultaneously .
I've tried googeling, but it seems most people use a deployment tool outside of Jenkins. But I want to streamline the approach so it becomes a one button solution where my pipeline starts tests, and deployment in the same flow.

Is there something I'm missing? Is Blue Ocean not meant to deploy to DTAP? Thanks in advance

wim.lust...@finalist.nl

Feb 1, 2018, 8:31:14 AM2/1/18
to Jenkins Users
Having done some research on my own, I've come to the conclusion that a pipeline might hold all deployments (to test and acceptance servers), so that's one way, but I feel that it really clutters the end result. I'm launching quite the advanced production line. Having it in source is great though, so I'm not knocking the idea just yet.

So I'll augment my question a bit: Is the above assumption correct? And is there some resource that describes how to use the individual steps described in the activity view of Jenkins Blue Ocean?