is there an equivalent plugin for GitLab as "github-organization-folder"?

Qiang

Apr 11, 2018, 11:51:52 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi, All,

Is there a GitLab plugin does the same thing as "github-organization-folder" (which creates jobs based on branches, and pull request)?

I saw this: https://github.com/Argelbargel/gitlab-branch-source-plugin
Anyone has used that before? Does it have similar features?

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
Qiang

Mark Waite

Apr 11, 2018, 11:58:10 AM4/11/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
GitHub Branch Source Plugin is the replacement for GitHub Organization Folder.  The GitHub Organization Folder final release ("tombstone release") was 15 months ago.  The blog post says "The functionality of this plugin has been migrated to the GitHub Branch Source plugin."

Since Gitlab Branch Source Plugin is modeled after the GitHub Branch Source Plugin, it seems like a good place to start.

Mark Waite

Qiang

Apr 11, 2018, 12:49:23 PM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for the quick response!

My only concern is that the plugin is not officially part of Jenkins plugin update site.
Any thoughts?

Qiang

Mark Waite

Apr 11, 2018, 3:38:57 PM4/11/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I don't know why the author has chosen to not submit that plugin to the Jenkins update center.  You may want to ask the author.

Mark Waite