dependency plugin- graphviz

CORNELIA SARBU

Jul 9, 2016, 2:01:13 AM7/9/16
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I saw many discussions related to dependency plugin - graphviz, but I have the feeling something is not properly configured on my machine.
I tried to use this plugin for Jenkins v.1.623 to see the job dependecies, but without success.

I configure the "dot" Path on :
"Jenkins/ManageJenkins/Configure system/Dependency Graph Viewer Configuration/
 Dot Executable Path :C:\Program Files\Graphviz2.38\bin

Do you know what is wrong?

Thanks,
Cornelia

CORNELIA SARBU

Jul 18, 2016, 4:53:42 AM7/18/16
to Jenkins Users
hello,
I found the solution, for "dot" Path declaration, also include "dot" in the Path.
Ex:
I configure the "dot" Path on :
"Jenkins/ManageJenkins/Configure system/Dependency Graph Viewer Configuration/
 Dot Executable Path :C:\Program Files\Graphviz2.38\bin\dot -  is working

Dot Executable Path :C:\Program Files\Graphviz2.38\bin - is not working

:)
Cornelia

Richard Yang

Aug 3, 2018, 8:19:24 AM8/3/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi, I wonder if this issue is resolved.
We are using Jenkins 2.46.3 and dependency-viewer plugin 1.3.
When I try click dependency graph link, the page does not display content and I see javascript error in the chrome console:
hudson-behavior.js:835 Uncaught TypeError: div.firstChild.setAttribute is not a function
    at onSuccess (hudson-behavior.js:835)
    at klass.respondToReadyState (prototype.js:1657)
    at klass.onStateChange (prototype.js:1600)
    at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (prototype.js:414)

However, when I manually generated a graphviz gv file and open it with dot, it generates a png file with correct diagram of the dependency.
This plugin used to work, but not sure why it suddenly stopped working.  We run docker to deploy the jenkins.