Gerrit review authentication error(Gerrit code review plugin)

Ali Raza

Mar 12, 2021, 8:04:54 AM3/12/21
to Jenkins Users
 Hi
I am using the Gerrit trigger plugin with Jenkins which is working fine but along with it i am also using the Gerrit Code Review plugin. I am calling 'gerrit review' command inside my pipeline script but getting an error 'Gerrit Review requires authentication, however there are no credentials defined or are empty'

I am not sure from where the Gerrit review is getting the credentials. On the other hand, the Gerrit trigger plugin is getting triggered and executing the build process but when it reaches the 'gerrit review' command it is having an authentication error.

I am using the Git/https inside my scm settings.

My scm settings are following
 gerrit settings.jpgcm credentials.

Luca Milanesio

Mar 12, 2021, 9:10:03 AM3/12/21
to 'Björn Pedersen' via Jenkins Users, Luca Milanesio

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ali Raza <alira...@gmail.com>
Subject: Gerrit review authentication error(Gerrit code review plugin)
Date: 12 March 2021 at 13:04:54 GMT
To: Jenkins Users <jenkins...@googlegroups.com>

 Hi
I am using the Gerrit trigger plugin with Jenkins which is working fine but along with it i am also using the Gerrit Code Review plugin. I am calling 'gerrit review' command inside my pipeline script but getting an error 'Gerrit Review requires authentication, however there are no credentials defined or are empty'

I am not sure from where the Gerrit review is getting the credentials. On the other hand, the Gerrit trigger plugin is getting triggered and executing the build process but when it reaches the 'gerrit review' command it is having an authentication error.

I am using the Git/https inside my scm settings.

The Gerrit Code Review plugin is designed to extract the credentials from the Gerrit SCM source.
In your case, for some reasons, your setup isn’t able to add the Gerrit SCM source to the list, even though the plugin is installed.

The result is that when it tries to obtain the credentials, it fails and therefore the read operations are still possible but NOT the write operations (like the review feedback).

Luca.

My scm settings are following
 gerrit settings.jpgcm credentials.

Ali Raza

Mar 12, 2021, 9:22:47 AM3/12/21
to Jenkins Users
I am pulling the Jenkins script from another source which is also not using any SSH inside it. Can it be the problem?

I am currently relying on Jenkin job's console output. Can I find any detailed log somewhere for Gerrit code review plugin which might give some more details?

Can you suggest any other way to debug the issue to find the exact root cause?

gerrit_pipeline.jpg

Luca Milanesio

Mar 12, 2021, 9:37:59 AM3/12/21

On 12 Mar 2021, at 14:22, Ali Raza <alira...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am pulling the Jenkins script from another source which is also not using any SSH inside it. Can it be the problem?

I need to check the code: it could well be that the plugin isn’t able to understand which one is the right source to get the credentials from, because there are more than one.

Can you create an issue and provide all the details?
It is very likely that you have just hit a bug in the code.

Luca.

I am currently relying on Jenkin job's console output. Can I find any detailed log somewhere for Gerrit code review plugin which might give some more details?

Can you suggest any other way to debug the issue to find the exact root cause?

<gerrit_pipeline.jpg>

Ali Raza

Mar 12, 2021, 11:38:15 AM3/12/21
to Jenkins Users
Sure. I am going to report an issue shortly.