CIFS Publisher gets stuck

t3knoid

Jan 29, 2018, 5:59:03 PM1/29/18
to Jenkins Users
I've noticed recently a job that I have not run in some time gets stuck at trying to copy archives into a network CIFS share using the Publish Over CIFS plugin. To narrow down the issue, I created a really simple job that creates a tiny text file, archive the file, and then send the artifact to the Windows share. The job fails the same way. Can someone provide guidance on how to troubleshoot this further?

Jenkins ver 2.102
CIFS 0.6

Slide

Jan 29, 2018, 6:06:26 PM1/29/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

This is a known issue in cifs publisher 0.6, if you downgrade it should work fine. I am working on getting a fix out.

t3knoid

Jan 29, 2018, 6:08:21 PM1/29/18
to Jenkins Users
To add, I also notice the problem in a job using in a Windows or Linux slave. The problem also happens when using the cifsPublisher in a pipeline job. I also tried publishing from the master with the same behavior.

t3knoid

Jan 30, 2018, 9:48:04 AM1/30/18
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for the quick reply. I will downgrade.

t3knoid

Jan 30, 2018, 2:36:29 PM1/30/18
to Jenkins Users
FYI, downgrading get's around the issue.