SCM Sync configuration plugin with the Git SCM

LnT

Nov 9, 2017, 2:32:57 AM11/9/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Having 3 Jenkins masters for different purposes.
jenkins master 1.580.3 on Windows 7
jenkins master 2.20 On Windows 10
jenkins master 1.580.3  On Suse Linux

I wish to configure SCM Sync configuration plugin with the Git SCM

I did a POC with jenkins master 1.580.3 , in my local PC.
What has been observed so far -

 1. There 10 Projects already configured in my local PC jenkins instance
 2. Now configured SCM Sync configuration plugin with the Git SCM
 3. It started initializing and found below files and folders @ <JENKINS_HOME>\scm-sync-configuration\checkoutConfiguration

   config.xml
   hudson.maven.MavenModuleSet.xml
   hudson.model.UpdateCenter.xml
   hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.xml
   hudson.plugins.git.GitTool.xml
   hudson.plugins.groovy.Groovy.xml
   hudson.scm.CVSSCM.xml
   hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.xml
   hudson.tasks.Ant.xml
   hudson.tasks.Mailer.xml
   hudson.tasks.Maven.xml
   hudson.tasks.Shell.xml
   hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger.xml
   jenkins.model.ArtifactManagerConfiguration.xml
   jenkins.model.DownloadSettings.xml
   jenkins.model.JenkinsLocationConfiguration.xml
   jenkins.mvn.GlobalMavenConfig.xml
   jenkins.plugins.http_request.HttpRequest.xml
   jenkins.plugins.linkedjobs.settings.GlobalSettings.xml
   jenkins.security.QueueItemAuthenticatorConfiguration.xml
   jenkins.xml
   jobs
   scm-sync-configuration.xml
   users
 4. Created new projects - say job2 & synchJenkins and these are the only two jobs are found @ <JENKINS_HOME>\scm-sync-configuration\checkoutConfiguration\jobs folders

  Question 1 : how could I get old jobs under scm-sync-configuration ?
  Question 2 : files and folders @ <JENKINS_HOME>\scm-sync-configuration\checkoutConfiguration, are being pushed manually. Is it correct behaviour
  Question 3 : Some times , if new project is created. It is not automatically detected for synch. How does this be fixed ?

  Please help

  Regards,
  LnT