For multi-branch pipeline, deleting branch from github project will not result in deleting of same branch project from jenkins.

Vijay Surwase

Dec 20, 2016, 12:04:04 AM12/20/16
to Jenkins Users
Whenever i create new branch in github project, new project named with same branch gets created in multi-branch pipeline project in jenkins.
But vise versa is not possible.
please let me know the reason or is there any way to do this ?

Trever

Dec 20, 2016, 12:47:21 PM12/20/16
to Jenkins Users
I believe it may depend on your build history retention policy. If your policy is to keep builds for 10 days, the build will remain for 10 days. I've found that changing the retention policy will allow it to be removed sooner.

Vijay Surwase

Dec 28, 2016, 4:37:40 AM12/28/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Trever <trever...@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe it may depend on your build history retention policy. If your policy is to keep builds for 10 days, the build will remain for 10 days. I've found that changing the retention policy will allow it to be removed sooner.

Stephen Connolly

Dec 28, 2016, 5:24:10 AM12/28/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If using the 2.0.0+ versions (currently only in the experimental update centre) the events will mark the branch as a dead branch within 5s of the branch being deleted.

The branch will not actually be deleted until the branch indexing has run and only if the Orphaned Item strategy marks the branch for deletion.

Once a branch is a dead branch, however, you can manually delete it sooner (assuming you have delete permissions)

(This behaviour is necessary to eg allow close PR & reopen PR to trigger a rebuild while retaining history)

HTH

On Wed 28 Dec 2016 at 09:37, Vijay Surwase <surwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Trever <trever...@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe it may depend on your build history retention policy. If your policy is to keep builds for 10 days, the build will remain for 10 days. I've found that changing the retention policy will allow it to be removed sooner.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAAjva%2BzKEbYbyamE27Ky7y_UkfSzzQis706mQwvcfYuh_SGPAw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sent from my phone

Vijay Surwase

Stephen Connolly

Dec 31, 2016, 4:21:20 PM12/31/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
SCM API 2.0.1+ and Branch API 2.0.0+ and friends... not Jenkins version

On Sat 31 Dec 2016 at 17:06, Vijay Surwase <surwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAAjva%2BwuOxCNOOErH7wKCxK6W-GxFvmnMRDaDKq_6DGFwF42ug%40mail.gmail.com.

Vijay Surwase

Stephen Connolly

Jan 1, 2017, 9:06:51 AM1/1/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Exactly. You should find improvements once I cut the non-beta releases in the coming week

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAAjva%2BwkRJ85OisUG%3DtD5sdvXPgksJSe59Uw%3Dp%2ByPu3_gMBOeA%40mail.gmail.com.

Vijay Surwase