After upgrade to 2.89.4, BUILD_USER_ID is being set "later" in the job run

G Dameron

Nov 5, 2018, 7:50:47 PM11/5/18
to Jenkins Users
Under Jenkins 1.596.2 (master running on Linux), when "Set jenkins user build variables" is checked, I can count on BUILD_USER_ID being set early enough in the job run to see its value in a bash script within "Generate environment variables from script". I can even use its value in the Directory field of "Use custom workspace". After upgrading to 2.89.4 (which included upgrading the "Environment Script Plugin" from 1.1.2 to 1.2.5), the variable's value shows up as the dreaded literal "${BUILD_USER_ID}" in the "Generate..." script and in the custom workspace path. In fact, the desired value of BUILD_USER_ID isn't available until I'm actually in a build step. Is this changed behavior intentional, or is it a bug?

Is the old behavior restored in a later Jenkins version, perchance?