unreliable connection between Jenkins master and slaves

Matevz...@borea.si

Mar 19, 2019, 10:21:16 AM3/19/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I would like to ask whether there is a good solution for scenarios when there is a bad connection between master and slaves. I have a problem with long duration tasks where they last for long time. If network problem happens the task fails. It would be good enough for master to reconnect to the slave and fetch the output accumulated in the meantime.
The network interruption is so long that SSH connection will drop.
So looking for some kind of screen+detach scenario.

best regards,
  Matevz Langus

Mark Waite

Mar 19, 2019, 10:34:01 AM3/19/19
to Jenkins Users
Pipeline jobs already have that behavior.  Pipeline durability settings allow the PIpeline job to continue running on a disconnected agent.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Matevz...@borea.si

Mar 20, 2019, 5:22:01 AM3/20/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

ah, true. I was trying to resolve this with Freestyle project, pipeline works indeed.

thanks,
  Matevz

Viacheslav Dubrovskyi

Mar 20, 2019, 7:18:22 AM3/20/19