Polarion PLM-Jenkins Integration - available plugins and development questions - New to Jenkins

Parikshith K P

Oct 12, 2016, 7:12:57 AM10/12/16
to Jenkins Users

Hello Developers/Users,

I'm new to Jenkins and plugin development. I have minimal idea about CI and plugin development, which I acquired through Google.

However, I have my work to integrate Polarion PLM tool with Jenkins. Whenever there’s a major source code commit in SVN, user will deploy the build through Jenkins.

The tasks are,

  1. In Jenkins, I need to start HiL testing, a test set, via Polarion, which in turn triggers the Automation suite.

  2. After the tests have been executed, Jenkins should import the test results via Polarion.

For the above tasks, I need a plugin between Jenkins and Polarion.

Can I know if there is any plugin already available for the above functionalities or a similar plugin where I can modify it to my requirements or do I need to start with a new plugin development?

In case of new plugin development, please direct me towards the path on how to develop a plugin i.e., IDE, pluging and scripting/programming knowledge required.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Cheers,

Parikshith