Jenkins : use the new API Token feature

Shahbaz Subedar

Dec 1, 2020, 6:50:48 AM12/1/20
to Jenkins Users
Hello Team,

Which says that there would be new API feature :
"Provide a way to configure a fixed/default API Token for admin during installation phase"

I have been trying to implement this with Jenkins version "2.26`" using helm chart.
I have set following system properties:
-Djenkins.install.SetupWizard.ADMIN_INITIAL_API_TOKEN="true"
    -Djenkins.security.ApiTokenProperty.adminCanGenerateNewTokens="true"
    -Djenkins.security.ApiTokenProperty.showTokenToAdmins="true"

But as per the link, there should be :
""true": a random token will be created and stored in the file secrets/initialAdminApiToken 💡 This approach is the more interesting (+ secure) when you have read access to the Jenkins home directory."

But mentioned file is not getting created on the specified path.
Can anyone please help me to implement this feature.

Please let me know if more details are required.

Regards
Shahbaz Subedar