podTemplate with GKE

Philippe Fuentes

May 24, 2017, 3:38:46 AM5/24/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi everybody,
I've been strugleling for a while trying to add an additional podTemplate to the default one offered by this nice google installation tutorial:

started by trying to make the docker plugin work:

then went to the kubernetes plugin road by trying to add an additional podTemplate:

tried many things, no success, the whole point is to be able to switch between several configuration based on all ready gcloud/kubectl images:

with different configuration for each (like adding nodejs etc...) depending on the need of my services.

but only the default podTemplate is working for me, can't seem to add another, either with podTemplate on jenkinsfile or via the kubernete plugin configuration (showed in the screenshot attached).

quite new to Jenkins/Kubernetes/Docker, don't know what I'm missing...

Thanks in advance for your help and for taking the time.
Philippe

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 08.50.33.png

Carlos Sanchez

May 24, 2017, 4:03:38 AM5/24/17
to Jenkins Users

First, what does it mean "it doesn't work"? Have you checked the Jenkins logs?

You can find examples at https://github.com/jenkinsci/kubernetes-plugin

Knurek

May 29, 2017, 10:41:21 AM5/29/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi Philippe,
As Carlos pointed out, have you already gone through the documentation on the kubernetes-plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/kubernetes-plugin ?
What is shown there is enough to get you to a working state.

The section in that doc about Pod template inheritance is a bit unclear/incorrect, so I'd recommend skipping over that and then looking into shared libraries once you get the basics working.

If you're still having issues, more specific details about what isn't working and what you have would be required.