how to configure same wildcard ssl certificate for 2 applications in same server

VN

Aug 20, 2019, 10:05:38 AM8/20/19
to Jenkins Users
can we install jenkins and codebeamer in one server and configure both application with a domain wildcard ssl certificate ?
We have already configured codebeamer with ssl. Can we install and congfigure ssl for Jenkins in same server?

Simon Richter

Aug 21, 2019, 8:37:42 AM8/21/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
There are lots of different possible setups. Presumably you want to use
different hostnames since you are asking about wildcard certificates.

Doing SSL inside Jenkins is a fairly unusual setup these days. It is
difficult to configure, and most people have some reverse proxy setup
anyway because getting Jenkins to listen on a privileged port without
running it as root is another system administration nightmare. That's why
there are so few tutorials about that. :]

So the typical setup is to run Jenkins inside a VM or container, or have it
listen on 127.0.0.1 only, and then use nginx or Apache to terminate SSL and
forward traffic to Jenkins. The manual for that should come with lots of
tutorials for setting up proxies with wildcard certificates, IP based
switching or Server Name Indication (SNI), depending on your preferences.

Simon