aws-sam-plugin change of ownership query

Mufaddal Makati

Mar 24, 2021, 6:38:53 PM3/24/21
to Jenkins Users
Hello Jenkins community,

I am a developer in the Serverless team at AWS, Amazon.
We recently took ownership of the aws-sam-plugin.

Currently we have the repository hosted in github as private - https://github.com/awslabs/aws-sam-plugin
and we are in process of converting it to public and creating a JIRA issue for https://github.com/jenkinsci/aws-sam-plugin to follow https://github.com/awslabs/aws-sam-plugin

Before we make it public though, we would like to change the name of the repository hosted in awslabs from https://github.com/awslabs/aws-sam-plugin to something like https://github.com/awslabs/aws-sam-jenkins-plugin. The repo name for jenkinsci can stay the same. I would like to know if changing name can create any issue for jenkinsci to follow if they have different name or names does not matter.

Thank you,
Mufaddal Makati.