Jenkins pipeline editor

Nick J

Nov 10, 2017, 10:11:02 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi everyone,

I am trying/experimenting with the Jenkins pipeline editor: http://myjenkins/pipeline-syntax/ to generate some code.
But is it possible to have code completion in the textbox of the pipeline itself? -> http://myjenkins/job/pipelinetest/configure (pipeline script)

Because as it is now; I need to go into the generator and then generate some code; but it would be easier if there is code completion and seeing that there aren't any syntax errors.

I read about intelliJ and gdsl file but I don't have a license and there don't seem to be any other ones out there.
Isn't this natively supported or aren't there any other free tools out there?

Best Regards,
Nick

itchymuzzle

Nov 10, 2017, 1:01:43 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
> I don't have a license
IntelliJ IDEA community version is free.  I use this IDE but wasn't able to get that feature working.

Visual Studio Code gives me syntax highlighting and auto suggestions.  But fuzzy if that is just a groovy thing.

Daniel Beck

Nov 10, 2017, 1:06:36 PM11/10/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 10. Nov 2017, at 19:01, itchymuzzle <chris...@3derm.com> wrote:
>
> I use this IDE but wasn't able to get that feature working.

Does https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jenkinsci-users/S0_etu_70oY/0jQJRISJAgAJ help?

itchymuzzle

Nov 10, 2017, 1:17:26 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
Does https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jenkinsci-users/S0_etu_70oY/0jQJRISJAgAJ help?

Yes, and no.  I get hung up with IDEA, and being able to create new projects.  I already have the code set up as a java project, and just kept going around in circles trying to get it recognized as a groovy project.  I can only spend some much time on each item, before I just need to move on to the next thing I am supposed to be working on.  Thanks.