Jenkins and go mod 403 problem

Jayaraj Wilson

Jul 4, 2019, 1:25:56 PM7/4/19
to Jenkins Users

At the onset let me state that I have started using Jenkins only for the past 4 days and am very much a newbie.

My source code is in go and across multiple repos on bitbucket and I wanted to create a build pipeline. I started by creating a simple job on jenkins to build. I am almost done but the build fails at the last portion

go: missing Mercurial command. See https://golang.org/s/gogetcmd
go: bitbucket.org/xxxxxxxxxx/ser...@v0.0.3: https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/xxxxxxxxxx/servers?fields=scm: 403 Forbidden
go: missing Mercurial command. See https://golang.org/s/gogetcmd go: bitbucket.org/xxxxxxxxxx/err...@v0.0.4: https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/xxxxxxxxxx/errors?fields=scm: 403 Forbidden
go: error loading module requirements

I assumed that the following entry needed to be made in the .gitconfig file in /var/lib/jenkins which seems to be used the jenkins home to address the problem.

[url "g...@bitbucket.org:"]
   insteadOf = "https://bitbucket.org/"

But I am still facing the build failure. Is there something that I need to configure on jenkins. Is there any other step to do? Would highly appreciate inputs.