Jenkins Plugin for custom email notification

tamilarasan kulasekaran

Jul 17, 2020, 9:20:39 AM7/17/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, dhav...@gmail.com

Hi,

We are using Jenkins for CI to build the app. I have a requirement in Jenkins i.e., whenever my build fails, I want to capture the error message logline and add it to the email body to send to the developers' (users who commit the latest code)email id. We use the poll SCM plugin to trigger the build. Whenever the developer commits the code it automatically starts the build.

Kindly suggest any relevant Jenkins plugins that are available for this requirement.

Regards,
Tamilarasan K

DHAVAL JAISWAL

Jul 18, 2020, 3:22:56 AM7/18/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, tamilarasan kulasekaran
If anyone helps with the raised query. Any customize solution if someone suggests.
--
Thanks & Regards
Dhaval Jaiswal

Slide

Jul 18, 2020, 9:43:30 AM7/18/20
to Jenkins User Mailing List, tamilarasan kulasekaran
There are two email plugins available for Jenkins, Mailer (https://plugins.jenkins.io/mailer/) and the Extended Email Plugin (https://plugins.jenkins.io/email-ext/). You can look at those two and see if one meets your needs.

Regards,

Alex

Fabian Cenedese

Jul 20, 2020, 2:34:15 AM7/20/20
At 15:42 18.07.2020, Slide wrote:

>There are two email plugins available for Jenkins, Mailer (<https://plugins.jenkins.io/mailer/>https://plugins.jenkins.io/mailer/) and the Extended Email Plugin (<https://plugins.jenkins.io/email-ext/>https://plugins.jenkins.io/email-ext/). You can look at those two and see if one meets your needs.

If you can capture your output into a file then the Extended Mail
can read the file and add it to the mail body like this:

$DEFAULT_CONTENT
${FILE, path="yourfile.log"}

I don't know about catching the output without a file but check the
Extended Mail docs.

bye Fabi

christop...@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2020, 6:35:56 AM7/20/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

With emailext I know about two options: you can make use of a template and add what you want from the template directly to the mail body.
Aditionally there's that 'attachLog'-option that attaches the complete log to the mail.

Regards,
Christoph