Jenkins refuses to queue and run identical consecutive build requests from curl

Martin d'Anjou

Apr 17, 2018, 8:19:48 PM4/17/18
to Jenkins Users
I try to trigger multiple builds rapidly using curl, but Jenkins silently refuses to launch the builds. It keeps returning the same queue item in the "Location":

$ curl -I -X POST "http://localhost:8080/job/test-123/buildWithParameters/params?foo=i"
HTTP
/1.1 201 Created
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 00:06:32 GMT
Server: Jetty(9.2.z-SNAPSHOT)

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 00:06:34 GMT
Server: Jetty(9.2.z-SNAPSHOT)

What's wrong? How do I get Jenkins to queue all my build requests?

Martin

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 17, 2018, 10:36:52 PM4/17/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Martin d'Anjou wrote:

> I try to trigger multiple builds rapidly using curl, but Jenkins silently
> refuses to launch the builds. It keeps returning the same queue item in the
> "Location":

From my understanding this will happen it the "same looking" item goes into the
queue and isn't dequeued rapidly enough.

So basically if the quiet period is really low, these subsequent calls might
queue redundant items once one item is actually dequeued.

Anyways, that's my understanding of this behavior.

signature.asc