Favorite plugin

Eberhard Beilharz

Jun 8, 2017, 5:35:25 AM6/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently received a message that there's an update for the Favorite
Plugin to version 2.3.0 to fix security vulnerabilities. When I went to
my Jenkins instance I saw version 2.2.0 of the plugin on the Update
page, but noticed that the last time Jenkins got the list of available
updates was almost a day ago. So I pressed the "Check now" button, with
the effect that the update to the Favorite plugin doesn't show up anymore!?

I'm using https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json as
URL for the update site.

When I check the JSON that gets returned from the update site I see that
it contains the favorite plugin in version 1.16 from 7/2013, so there
seems to be clearly something wrong. Would be good if that could be fixed.

I eventually downloaded the .hpi file linked from the wiki page and
installed it manually.

Thanks,
Eberhard

Christopher Orr

Jun 8, 2017, 5:40:30 AM6/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, at 11:34, Eberhard Beilharz wrote:
> I'm using https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/stable/update-center.json as
> URL for the update site.
>
> When I check the JSON that gets returned from the update site I see that
> it contains the favorite plugin in version 1.16 from 7/2013, so there
> seems to be clearly something wrong. Would be good if that could be
> fixed.

Yeah, this is unfortunate, but it is at least a known issue; see
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-1215

Regards,
Chris

R. Tyler Croy

Jun 9, 2017, 11:50:46 AM6/9/17
to Christopher Orr, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)
This has since been fixed FWIW.

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Daniel Beck

Jun 11, 2017, 5:54:37 AM6/11/17

FWIW there's no need to use this URL. The default of https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/update-center.json will just work, and even better match your setup (assuming you're using a Jenkins LTS release).