Missing configuration options

john.peterson

Nov 8, 2017, 2:52:54 PM11/8/17
to Jenkins Users
Just upgrading from 1.58 > 2.87.

2.87 (by default) does not have the option under Configure System (as 1.58 did) to set my default view.  How do I do this now?

Victor Martinez

Nov 8, 2017, 4:52:59 PM11/8/17
to Jenkins Users
Just a quick one:

Did you look at the changelog https://jenkins.io/changelog/?

Cheers

Daniel Beck

Nov 8, 2017, 8:29:30 PM11/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 8. Nov 2017, at 20:29, john.peterson <john.p...@nikon.com> wrote:
>
> 2.87 (by default) does not have the option under Configure System (as 1.58 did) to set my default view. How do I do this now?

Have a second view.

john.peterson

Nov 9, 2017, 8:01:26 AM11/9/17
to Jenkins Users
That is where the problem comes from.  I HAVE a 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) view just like in 1.58.  But the configuration option is not there to set which one is the default.  As a matter of fact, there are a lot of first level configuration options missing.

john.peterson

Nov 9, 2017, 8:01:50 AM11/9/17
to Jenkins Users
No.  Not yet.  But that is 2 years of change log to review.

john.peterson

Nov 9, 2017, 8:07:39 AM11/9/17
to Jenkins Users
I reviewed the changelog for all 2.x versions.  There are two issues to do with Default View, but neither have anything to do with my problem as both assume that the option to configure exists in the first place.  In my case, the options aren't even there.  And at this point, I'm unsure if it is a bug, or a change and the configuration is done elsewhere now.

john.peterson

Nov 9, 2017, 8:16:38 AM11/9/17
to Jenkins Users
Sigh... So.  It is there now (I added yet another dummy view and it now shows up) under Maven.  So, I change it.  Then I discover that none of the Advanced buttons work and my Configuration is truncated after about 2 screens full of info so there is no "Save" button.

Chrome and IE11 both the same.

:-(

I should note (Again) that using this same PC to configure our other Jenkins instance which is 1.58 works fine.

Daniel Beck

Nov 9, 2017, 9:19:49 AM11/9/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 9. Nov 2017, at 14:16, john.peterson <john.p...@nikon.com> wrote:
>
> Sigh... So. It is there now (I added yet another dummy view and it now shows up) under Maven. So, I change it. Then I discover that none of the Advanced buttons work and my Configuration is truncated after about 2 screens full of info so there is no "Save" button.
>
> Chrome and IE11 both the same.
>
> :-(
>
> I should note (Again) that using this same PC to configure our other Jenkins instance which is 1.58 works fine.

Check JS errors in the browser console.

Please provide a full list of installed plugins and their versions.

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 10:07:17 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
Ok.  Time for me to sound dumb.

"check JS errors in browser console".
I'm assuming the Jenkins console?  Where do I go to actually see this?  Or is there something I can look at directly inside Chrome (with the Jenkins Tab displayed)?  There are no error pop-ups that occur.

"list all plugins"
Don't suppose there is a button that does this?  Could I be so lucky?

Daniel Beck

Nov 10, 2017, 10:36:11 AM11/10/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 10. Nov 2017, at 16:07, john.peterson <john.p...@nikon.com> wrote:
>

> "check JS errors in browser console".
> I'm assuming the Jenkins console? Where do I go to actually see this? Or is there something I can look at directly inside Chrome (with the Jenkins Tab displayed)? There are no error pop-ups that occur.

> "list all plugins"
> Don't suppose there is a button that does this? Could I be so lucky?

/systemInfo URL in Jenkins has a table.

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 11:02:11 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
Cool.  Didn't know those Chrome developer tools existed.  I don't see a Java Console, but there is a Java Profiler which gives info that I suspect it NOT what you are looking for.

The normal CONSOLE only says:
page-init.js:151 Jenkins global module 'page-init' already registered.

Note: We have "forced" PostBuild Script to install until we find a way to execute the required windows command as a post-build command via other means.

ace-editor

1.1
ant1.7
antisamy-markup-formatter1.5
apache-httpcomponents-client-4-api4.5.3-2.0
authentication-tokens1.3
bouncycastle-api2.16.2
branch-api2.0.14
build-timeout1.19
cloudbees-folder6.2.1
credentials2.1.16
credentials-binding1.13
display-url-api2.1.0
docker-commons1.9
docker-workflow1.13
durable-task1.15
email-ext2.6
external-monitor-job1.7
git3.6.2
git-client2.5.0
git-server1.7
github1.28.1
github-api1.89
github-branch-source2.2.4
gradle1.28
greenballs1.15
groovy-postbuild2.3.1
handlebars1.1.1
jackson2-api2.8.7.0
javadoc1.4
jquery-detached1.2.1
jsch0.1.54.1
junit1.21
ldap1.17
mailer1.2
mapdb-api1.0.9.0
matrix-auth2.1
matrix-project1.12
maven-plugin3
momentjs1.1.1
node-iterator-api1.5.0
pam-auth1.3
pipeline-build-step2.5.1
pipeline-github-lib1
pipeline-graph-analysis1.5
pipeline-input-step2.8
pipeline-milestone-step1.3.1
pipeline-model-api1.2.2
pipeline-model-declarative-agent1.1.1
pipeline-model-definition1.2.2
pipeline-model-extensions1.2.2
pipeline-rest-api2.9
pipeline-stage-step2.2
pipeline-stage-tags-metadata1.2.2
pipeline-stage-view2.9
plain-credentials1.4
postbuildscript0.17
resource-disposer0.8
robot1.6.4
scm-api2.2.3
script-security1.34
scripted-cloud-plugin0.12
ssh-credentials1.13
ssh-slaves1.22
structs1.1
subversion2.9
timestamper1.8.8
token-macro2.3
urltrigger0.41
vsphere-cloud2.16
windows-slaves1.3.1
workflow-aggregator2.5
workflow-api2.23.1
workflow-basic-steps2.6
workflow-cps2.41
workflow-cps-global-lib2.9
workflow-durable-task-step2.17
workflow-job2.15
workflow-multibranch2.16
workflow-scm-step2.6
workflow-step-api2.13
workflow-support2.16
ws-cleanup0.34

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 11:03:24 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 11:04:53 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 11:05:30 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
workflow-scm-step2.6
workflow-step-api2.13
workflow-support2.16
ws-cleanup0.34

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 11:06:16 AM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
had to post the plugin list in pieces.  Apparently there is a line limit here.

john.peterson

Nov 10, 2017, 12:22:31 PM11/10/17
to Jenkins Users
So, interesting development.

I got frustrated and hacked the config.xml via Notepad directly and changed my default view.  After saving, all of my Jenkins Config issues, including missing SAVE button are gone!

Everything is fine now.